18-month-old child spills hot water on herself, dies in Jiyaguda

08:01 AM Jan 29, 2023 | Newsmeter Network

Hyderabad: In Jiyaguda, an 18-month-old girl died after accidentally pouring hot water on herself.

On 23 January, Divyanka’s father Devender, a resident of Durga Nagar in the Jiyaguda area, filled a bucket with water, put the immersion rod in the water to heat it, and went outside. His 18-year-old daughter was playing and accidentally spilled the hot water on herself, causing severe burns on her body.

The family immediately took the child to Osmania General Hospital. She died on the fourth day while undergoing treatment. Kulsumpura sub-inspector B. Manmohan said a case has been registered and an investigation is underway. After a post-mortem, the police handed over Divyanka’s body to the family.