West Godavari: A fire broke out at Venu Gopal Swamy temple in Duva village in West Godavari district during the Rama Navami celebrations on Thursday.
The incident happened when the devotees were observing Kalyana Utsavam at the temple. On Thursday morning, the canopies at Venugopal Swamy temple accidentally caught fire and the blaze spread. The temple roofs were gutted in the fire.
Devotees immediately rushed out; no one was injured.
Upon information, fire engines rushed to the spot to douse the fire. The accident is believed to have occurred due to a short circuit, however, officials are yet to give a clarification.
More details are awaited.